Sunday, May 1, 2011

Objective 43: Describe the anatomy and histology of the nose, pharynx, larynx, trachea, bronchi, and lungs

I could have very easily put this objective with the blog that contains objectives 44-47, but that would have made that entire blog extremely too long. This objective is very closely related to objective 44-47, and in fact the MyA&P Interactive Physiology site is a great help in understanding the anatomy of the respiratory system. This site describes each part of the respiratory system in great detail, and I was also able to interact with the slides to go even further into the anatomy of the respiratory system, such as the lungs and the bronchi. What this amazing video does not cover is the histology portion of the respiratory system. Now, I have to admit there is no way that I can say that I enjoyed the histology portion of any body system. Histology is hands down very confusing, and I still have trouble with it at this very moment. If you put me in front of a microscope I couldn't tell you what it even was, let alone its function. I wasn't able to get great  histology pictures of the nose, pharynx, larynx, trachea, bronchi or the lungs but I was able to find a great site that did.



4 comments: