Sunday, May 1, 2011

Objective 20: Describe the structure, functions, life cycle, production or erythrocytes and leukocytes

I'm pretty positive that I could have included this objective with another previous blood objective, but I thought this one sounded harder than it actually was (go figure, I seemed to have done that with a lot of them). The blood and cardiovascular system are the two systems that I am most familiar with (and are probably some of the more easier systems of the body), so I didn't have my head spinning half of the time trying to grasp the concepts. The textbook was my main aid in trying to figure out the structure, function, life cycle, and production of the erythrocytes and leukocytes. I found this chart in chapter 16 page 562 that summarizes all of this information in one place. I've never been so grateful for a chart in my life. The text does describe the erythrocytes and leukocytes in detail, but c'mon who doesn't love a very informative chart? The chart not only provided me with the information I was looking for, it also shows you a picture of a erythrocyte and pictures of all the leukocytes. A chart can't get any better than that!





No comments:

Post a Comment